Why should you hire a BigCommerce marketing agency?
If you host your eCommerce store on BigCommerce then a lot of the marketing functionalities and the tools you'd be using would be different than for other stores. Not all agencies are going to know the ins and outs of BigCommerce marketing, so you want to work with a team that's experienced. You don't necessarily need to work with someone who has a fancy BigCommerce partner badge but you do need to find someone with a good track record of working with similar companies to yours, in the same niche.
Here are cases where you would need an agency that knows BigCommerce:
- Marketplace expansion - you want to expand to a new marketplace and need backoffice integration between the marketplace and your store.
- Custom development - you might be on an advanced plan like the BigCommerce Enterprise and you want to use some of the additional features you get. Or you need a digital marketing agency that can develop a custom site for you.
- Conversion rate optimization - if you're trying to improve your conversion rate for your BigCommerce store then you often need to use native plugins.
How do you hire the best BigCommerce marketing agency?
The million-dollar question is - how do you hire the right BigCommerce Partner for you? Here is a step-by-step guide on how we hire the best agencies in the world, and how you should too. Ecommerce B2C and B2B companies spend millions of dollars working with the wrong marketing agency partners. Here's how to avoid that and find the right agency for your business.
Look at their data, not their case studies
Don't settle for their flashy case studies. Always look at their data. Figure out how they set up campaigns, how they manage ad budgets, and how they deal with a wide range of issues. Also look at their technical expertise and at how they've dealt with things like algorithm updates.
Clarify the process and the goals
Never keep things vague. Clarify the business objectives, communicate your own expectations, and make sure you know what their timeline is. You should also clarify who you would be working with. Do they have an in-house team of advertisers? Do they use freelancers? If you're planning to run ads or do a custom design, does the agency have a design team available to create the designs for your campaigns or do you need to find your own graphic designer?
Make sure they have channel-specific expertise
It's not enough to have "eCommerce experience". Your agency needs to have proven experience with the specific marketing channel that you are using to turn your visitors into customers. Whether you are running marketing campaigns on social media, doing content marketing, or looking to improve your overall customer acquisition, you need an agency that has done it before and has succeeded in each particular channel.
Verify they have industry expertise
It's vital to work with marketing experts that have experience working for other brands in your industry. Ask the agency to show a list of their past clients with examples of their work + results. Most agencies have a range of clients they've worked with and they are going to try to show you their best work. But it's not always in your niche. So stay on top of that conversation and verify their work before you hire them.
Questions to as your BigCommerce Agency
- Have you worked with other merchants in my niche? If so, what type of revenue growth have did you achieve for those clients?
- Are you a full-service BigCommerce agency or do you specialize in specific marketing services?
- What other eCommerce solutions do you offer?
- Which industry leaders have you worked with?
- Do you have experience with paid advertising (Google Shopping, Instagram / Facebook Ads, Google Ads)?
- Do you have experience with conversion optimization? E-commerce SEO?
- What can I expect from your level of service?
- How many full-time employees do you have?
- What's the entire process look like?
Find the perfect BigCommerce agency through your Mayple
Why re-invent the wheel? We have an extensive network of some of the best BigCommerce partners you could find. We match you with digital marketing companies that have extensive experience in your niche, above benchmark results, and have achieved incredible eCommerce growth through your desired channel. What are you waiting for? Get started today!