What are the benefits of content marketing?
Content marketing rose to prominence in the days of inbound marketing when companies found out that they could create content for the top of the funnel and get traffic from search engines. Search rankings were definitely an important factor but more than that brands realized the need to provide helpful information to their potential customers. And that value would convert visitors into leads all by itself.
There are many benefits to content marketing, especially if you publish content on a consistent basis. Here are some of the top ones:
- Your audience will stick around longer
- You will have more engagement on social media
- Your audience will trust your brand more
- You will generate more leads and sales
- You will improve conversions and bring on more partners
- Your business will grow faster
Why work with a content marketing agency?
Content marketing is a long-term project and most growing companies are focused on digital marketing strategies that take less time to yield results - like digital advertising and conversion rate optimization. So we often see companies that have an in-house marketing team with all kinds of specializations but no full-time content marketers that could help create content and lead the effort. That's a great opportunity to hire freelance help.
Also, content marketing takes on many different forms and requires a number of specializations. You have different content types - from blog posts to pdfs, long-form guides, and social media posts. And then you have different content mediums - video content, podcasts, and visual content like infographics.
It's often best to hire a content agency that has the right content creators and designers on staff that can help create these different types of content and optimize it all for search engines.
Should you work with a content agency or a content marketing freelancer?
Great question and it totally depends on your scope. If you are looking to create one specific type of content and not a lot of it (like 2-4 blog posts per month) then you could work with a freelancer and see a lot of success from it.
However, if you need several types of content via different mediums that require a lot of different skill sets then you should probably work with an agency that offers content marketing services.
Questions to ask your content marketing agency
- Which content marketing strategies would you recommend for my business?
- Do you have experience with search engine optimization (SEO)? And is that part of your offering?
- How many pieces of content would you be able to write per week/month?
- Do you also offer video marketing?
- Would you be able to help with conversion rate optimization on our blog like improving our blog design?
- What type of content services do you offer?
- Which other clients have you worked for in our niche? What type of target audience and amounts of traffic are you experienced in working with?
Find the perfect content marketing agency with Mayple
Looking for a full-service content marketing agency? Look no further. We have over 600+ marketing experts and agencies that we have vetted and certified to be the best. We work with mostly eCommerce and B2B companies but could fit any business model. We have a variety of different content agencies and social media marketing agencies that could set up a b2b content marketing strategy for you, run a variety of content marketing campaigns, increase your online presence, and create a variety of compelling content for your brand.
Ready to start your content journey? Get started today.