What's a Klaviyo agency?
It's an email marketing agency that is focused on Klaviyo. The reason so many agencies specialize in Klaviyo is that it's the most popular email marketing software for eCommerce businesses and is built for Shopify and Shopify Plus merchants. The marketing platform serves has over 70,000 customers, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies all over the world.
Any eCommerce business that uses Klaviyo for their email marketing requires the strategic guidance of email marketing experts that specialize in the tool. There are other marketing platforms that brands use (like Mailchimp or Campaign Monitor) but they lack a lot of the features and integrations that Klaviyo has.
Why not work with a regular email agency?
You could always work with a regular email agency but not all of them would have the specific Klaviyo expertise that you're looking for. It's important to work with a digital marketing expert that has specific experience with this email platform and has helped other companies grow in your specific niche or industry.
What's a Klaviyo partner vs a Klaviyo master?
Klaviyo has a partnership program for its agency partners as well as individual Klaviyo specialists. Klaviyo Partners is the regular level of certification. Klaviyo Masters is a higher level of certification designed for agencies and consultants that provide superior services and deliver great results on a regular basis.
What does a Klaviyo agency do?
A Klaviyo agency usually consists of email copywriters, designers, and developers that create and optimize your email marketing campaigns in order to grow your business. That could be broken down into a few things.
Klaviyo setup and optimization
The first thing a Klaviyo email marketing agency would do for a new client is to make sure they have their Klaviyo account set up properly. That's the bulk of the work for Klaviyo experts.
Then comes the campaign strategy which includes a content calendar for each email flow, setting up each email campaign, and the creation of email automation for each step of the customer journey.
- Monthly custom reports on all the email campaigns
- Monthly optimization, A/B testing, and analytics
- Design and development of campaigns
- Email marketing tactics (User-generated content + giveaways)
- Detailed email strategy designed to hit your business goals
- Marketing automation across the customer lifecycle (welcome flow, post-purchase flow)
Complimentary services include:
- SMS services
- Push notifications
- Omnichannel marketing strategies
- Lead generation
Klaviyo consulting and management
Businesses that already have a robust email marketing strategy sometimes need a quick consultation to make sure they're optimizing and taking advantage of all the various features of the platform. A Klaviyo expert or agency could also recommend other changes that could improve the conversion rates of your emails or website as a whole.
Conversion rate optimization is certainly tied to how many leads you get and how big your email list is so it has a huge effect on email marketing revenue. The right Klaviyo expert could take a look at your customer data and recommend other marketing efforts you haven't thought of.
12 questions to ask your Klaviyo agency
- What is your revenue model? (per project or commission)
- Have you helped other companies in my niche grow their revenue from email marketing?
- Which other marketing channels do you specialize in (influencer marketing, search engine optimization)?
- Does your service include a monthly campaign calendar? And how many months do you plan in advance?
- Would you handle the email design and content creation for each email campaign?
- What type of campaign cadence would you recommend?
- What would your automation strategy look like?
- How often would you send reports of your progress?
- Who will be my main point of contact at your agency?
- How many Klaviyo customers do you have?
- What kind of strategy would you recommend for my business?
- What type of email campaigns would you focus on (abandoned cart, welcome series, post-purchase flow)?