Why not work with a regular email agency?
You could always work with a regular email agency but not all email marketing agencies have the specific Klaviyo expertise that you're looking for. It's important to work with a digital marketing expert that has specific experience with this email platform and has helped other companies grow in your specific niche or industry.
What's a Klaviyo partner vs a Klaviyo master?
Klaviyo has a partnership program for its agency partners as well as individual Klaviyo specialists. Klaviyo Partners is the regular level of certification. Klaviyo Masters is a higher level of certification designed for agencies and consultants that provide superior services and deliver great results on a regular basis.
What does a Klaviyo agency do?
A Klaviyo agency usually consists of email copywriters, designers, and developers that create and optimize your email marketing campaigns in order to grow your business. That could be broken down into a few things.
Klaviyo setup and optimization
The first thing a Klaviyo email marketing agency would do for a new client is to make sure they have their Klaviyo account set up properly. That's the bulk of the work for Klaviyo experts.
Then comes the campaign strategy which includes a content calendar for each email flow, setting up each email campaign, and the creation of email automation for each step of the customer journey.
- Monthly custom reports on all the email campaigns
- Monthly optimization, A/B testing, and analytics
- Design and development of campaigns
- Email marketing tactics (User-generated content + giveaways)
- Detailed email strategy designed to hit your business goals
- Marketing automation across the customer lifecycle (welcome flow, post-purchase flow)
Complimentary services include:
- SMS services
- Push notifications
- Omnichannel marketing strategies
- Lead generation
Klaviyo consulting and management
Businesses that already have a robust email marketing strategy sometimes need a quick consultation to make sure they're optimizing and taking advantage of all the various features of the platform. A Klaviyo expert or agency could also recommend other changes that could improve the conversion rates of your emails or website as a whole.
Conversion rate optimization is certainly tied to how many leads you get and how big your email list is so it has a huge effect on email marketing revenue. The right Klaviyo expert could take a look at your customer data and recommend other marketing efforts you haven't thought of.
12 questions to ask your Klaviyo agency
- What is your revenue model? (per project or commission)
- Have you helped other companies in my niche grow their revenue from email marketing?
- Which other marketing channels do you specialize in (influencer marketing, search engine optimization)?
- Does your service include a monthly campaign calendar? And how many months do you plan in advance?
- Would you handle the email design and content creation for each email campaign?
- What type of campaign cadence would you recommend?
- What would your automation strategy look like?
- How often would you send reports of your progress?
- Who will be my main point of contact at your agency?
- How many Klaviyo customers do you have?
- What kind of strategy would you recommend for my business?
- What type of email campaigns would you focus on (abandoned cart, welcome series, post-purchase flow)?