What do video marketers do?
Video marketing is a type of content marketing that uses videos to inform, educate, and entertain a target audience to promote a product or service. Video marketers will use different strategies and techniques to build successful marketing campaigns, across various channels and formats, such as your website, social media marketing, advertising channels, and more.
Why should you hire a social video marketer?
Hiring a social video marketer can benefit your business in a number of ways. Here are some of the most important ones:
Increased Brand Awareness
Humans are exponentially more likely to retain visual information than written content. In fact, 90% of the information sent to the brain is visual, showing a natural inclination to pay more attention to visuals than text.
By creating and distributing engaging video content, you can increase your brand recognition, as well as create an emotional connection with viewers.
Social video marketers use creative strategies to engage a target audience, which can lead to more engagement and, eventually, more leads and better conversion rates. It's easy to see why: human brains process visual information 600,000 times faster than written content (and they do!), so your target audience is more inclined to actually consume video content. As such, they're also more likely to like, comment, engage, and share your videos with their peers.
Increased Reach & Performance
A professional video marketer will help you promote your videos across multiple social media channels, reaching more people. They'll also help you optimize the performance of each video by leveraging data analytics, industry trends, and the latest best practices to make sure every minute of video content you create reaches its maximum potential.
Building a comprehensive content strategy
Most people think "content" is all about blogs. However, video is also an important part of any content strategy, and a social video marketer can help you create an integrated approach that leverages both written content and videos. This way, you can reach more people and get a better ROI on your content efforts.
Plus, embedding videos in your website content is also likely to influence your search engine optimization efforts. Because videos add extra context and information, search engine algorithms frequently see them as a quality signal for your website content -- so video marketing can also help you drive more traffic to your website.
How much do video marketing experts cost?
Video marketing experts typically charge an average of $30/ hour. The exact rate will depend on their expertise, experience, and the specifics of the project. Some video marketers don't shoot or edit videos, while others do -- which will also influence the final price you pay for video marketing services. As a general rule, you can expect to pay around $800 for a high-quality, three-minute video ad.
While definitely not cheap, the cost of a video marketer can pay off in returned investments and in the valuable time hiring a pro will save you. .
How to hire the perfect video marketer
If you've decided a video marketer specialist will help your business, here are some tips to make sure you hire the best one for the job:
1. Decide on your goals & channels
To hire the right person, you need to know what "right" means for you. Decide on the specifics of the role you're hiring for, such as:
- How many videos you want to produce
- How long you want each video to be
- Whether you want video animations or live footage
- If you want your video marketer to distribute and promote them
- If you want your video marketer to run ads with your videos as well
- What channels you want to create videos for (TikTok, YouTube, your website, etc.)
Once you have a solid idea of what you're looking for, you can start your recruitment process.
2. Write a job description
Your video marketer job description needs to be crystal-clear on what your expectations are. Because "video marketer" can mean a lot of things (and a pretty large skillset,) make sure you specify what the ideal candidate should have in terms of skills, experience, and expertise.
Moreover, include details about what you offer as well. Company information, benefits, job location, salary range, and other details will help you attract the right applicants (and thus, make the recruitment process a lot easier.)
3. Advertise online
One of the most straightforward ways of finding candidates is to advertise your open position online. You can post the job description on platforms such as LinkedIn or Indeed (if you're looking for a full-time video marketing expert) or Guru, UpWork, and Fiverr (if you're looking for a freelance or contract video marketing specialist.)
The downside to using channels like these is that you'll have to sift through a lot of applications and profiles. If you're tight on time, you may want to consider one of the other two options below.
4. Ask your network
The next best thing to knowing exactly who you want to hire is to ask your network for recommendations. There are many advantages to doing this, not the least that you can get a better sense of who the candidate is.
If your peers have already worked with the person they're recommending, they can also give you more details about their experience and performance. So, instead of walking blindly into a working relationship with someone you don't actually know, you'll start things off on the right foot by working with someone you can trust from the get-go.
5. Work with Mayple
No recommendations from your peers?
No worries. If you want to hire a better video marketer with a proven track record of success, rely on Mayple to help you find the perfect candidate. Contact us today, let's discuss your needs, and we'll match you with the perfect candidate in a matter of days -- so you can get down to working on all those amazing video ideas you have for your business.
How effective is video marketing?
In short, video marketing is very effective -- so much so that 96% of marketers think videos help users better understand their products or services. What's more, 87% of marketers believe video marketing has a direct, positive impact on their overall results.
It makes all the sense in the world: according to the latest statistics, in 2022, worldwide internet users spent a whopping 19 hours a week watching online videos. That's almost a full day people spend watching videos on various platforms!
There are many reasons video marketing is so effective:
- Videos can explain complex concepts in a few seconds
- They help build trust
- They're easy to consume
- They make information memorable
- They feel like a more human relationship
If you want to ride the new tide of internet content consumption, hiring a video marketing specialist to help you out is the best thing you can do for your business. Millions of people are watching -- and you need to be on the other side of the screen.
What not to do in video marketing?
For all its advantages, video marketing can also be tricky to pull off. Here are a few things you should avoid when creating content for your business:
The key to creating engaging video content is to keep it natural while still being polished. Too much editing can be distracting and make it hard for viewers to focus on the main message.
Don't rely too heavily on stock footage or overused visuals
Using too much stock footage can make your videos look generic and unoriginal. Instead, try to create content that stands out from the crowd by being unique and creative.
Don't forget to promote your videos
Creating great content is just the first step. If you want people to actually see your videos, you need to promote them. Try using social media, paid ads, search engine optimization, and email campaigns to get the word out about your content — that way, you can reach more people and increase your chances of success.
A high-quality video marketer knows all these things and how to drive the best tactics for your specific use case. Hire someone you can work with and trust, and your business will be set up for success!
Questions to ask video marketers when hiring them
- What is your experience creating videos for digital marketing purposes?
- Do you know how to work with Google Analytics? And, if yes, how your digital marketing can you use it to create better videos?
- Do you have experience creating videos for social media platforms?
- In your opinion, how do videos influence marketing efforts?
- Have you ever built an end-to-end digital marketing campaign that had a video at its core?
- Do you have experience in graphic design?
- If you hadn't chosen video as your marketing channel, what else would it be?
- What is your experience with video production?
- Can you describe a video content marketing campaign that drove an excellent return on investment?
- What is your experience building video marketing strategies? Can you give me an example?
- Do you have a method to use when tracking the efficiency of your video marketing campaigns (e.g., do you connect your activity to customer acquisition with these changes?)
- In your opinion, which social media channel will grow more popular over the next year or two?
- Do you consider yourself a creative marketing mind -- or a more technical one?
- Have you ever produced videos for growth marketing purposes?
- How do you connect video marketing and the marketing pillars?
- Do you think videos can influence search marketing?
- Do you have other content/ video marketers in your marketing team?
- Do yo prefer working in B2B marketing or would you prefer B2c more?