Why hire an inbound marketer?
Hiring an inbound marketer can be a complete game-changer for your business. Inbound marketing can help you get better leads and drive more business growth by placing your business in front of ideal customers actively looking for your products.
Unlike outbound marketing, inbound marketing efforts drive customers to your doorstep -- instead of having you chasing leads. Inbound marketing can also help you foster customer relationships, build trust and brand loyalty, and increase your ROI on marketing spending.
An inbound marketer can:
Help you build a solid marketing strategy
An experienced inbound expert can help you build your inbound marketing strategy from the ground up. They can:
- Research and document your target audience
- Identify the best channels to reach them
- Develop content they’ll be interested in
- Create an effective funnel designed to convert
- Drives efforts to transform leads into customers
Plan, create, and optimize content for search engine results
Inbound marketers are adept at creating search engine-friendly content. They know how to run keyword research and build content pillars and blog posts that drives organic traffic to your website. They also have solid link building kno-whow, which can help you rise to the top of the search results.
Help you build a brand and a specific tone of voice
Having a strong brand is key to success. An inbound marketer can help you develop your brand identity and create content that speaks directly to the ideal customer. They can also help you develop a distinct tone of voice and style that will differentiate your brand from the competition.
Aid in building campaigns that boost website traffic
An inbound marketer can develop campaigns that drive website traffic and help you reach a larger audience. They’ll use social media, influencer outreach, email campaigns, and other channels to help you reach your goals.
Track, analyze, and report on marketing KPIs
Inbound marketers know the power of data -- so the best ones will be ready to track, analyze, and report on marketing KPIs. They can track click-through rates, website traffic, conversion rates, and more to help you better understand your customer’s journey.
Drive conversion rate optimization efforts
An inbound pro can also help you optimize your website conversion rate, to make sure all your traffic is converting into leads. They’ll use analytics data to identify points of improvement, create A/B tests, and help you make sure your website is efficient.
Create and execute lead nurturing strategies and tactics
Inbound experts also have a good understanding of the customer journey and how to nurture leads through the funnel. They’ll use tactics like lead scoring, email campaigns, content personalization, and more to help you turn leads into customers.
Build customer relationships on social media
Last but not least, inbound marketers ace social media beyond just organic posting and community management. They know how to use social media as a customer service tool, build relationships with customers, and convert them into loyal evangelists for your brand.
How much does it cost to hire an inbound marketer?
The costs of hiring an inbound specialist can vary greatly, but generally, you can expect to pay anything between $1,000 and $10,000 for consulting services. Factors that might influence pricing include:
- Whether you have a strategy in place
- How much hands-on work is involved
- How many hours of work are required
- The scope and complexity of the project
7 Skills that make a great inbound marketer
What makes a great inbound marketer?
Well, for once, their specific experience related to your industry (even if it's in a general sense). Additionally, the following skills are a must for any good inbound specialist:
Many inbound experts are primarily content experts. The reason for this is that content is the cornerstone of any good inbound strategy. Inbound marketers must have a deep understanding of how to write compelling content, choose visuals that support the content, and optimize content for search engines.
Creating content is often not enough to drive leads. So inbound marketers know how to use email tactics to nurture leads and convert them into customers. They understand how to write engaging emails, segment lists, and craft effective campaigns.
A skilled inbound marketer can develop a comprehensive inbound strategy that encompasses all aspects of the funnel. They’re able to look at the big picture and create a plan that covers everything from content creation to measuring success.
Email marketing and automation go hand in hand, so naturally, an experienced inbound marketer can use automation to streamline lead nurturing efforts. They know how to create automated workflows, set up email triggers, and ensure that the right content is sent to the right person at the right time.
Inbound marketers know how to use social media platforms for engagement, customer relationships, and lead generation. They understand the best practices for each platform and can craft strategies for each of them.
Understanding of the buyer's journey
To create effective content, inbound marketers need to understand the buyer's journey and what types of content will draw people through each stage. They understand how to create content that resonates with the audience and drives them toward the purchase.
Inbound experts needs good collaboration skills and communication skills to work efficiently with other members of the team. They should also know how to leverage internal engagement strategies to get stakeholder and subject matter expert input, as well as how to spot and work with strategic partners.
Inbound marketers are not PPC specialists. Yet, they should have at least a basic understanding of how different PPC channels work, as well as launch and manage campaigns. This knowledge can be used to support and supplement other inbound activities.
15 interview questions to ask when hiring an inbound marketer
If you're in the process to hire an inbound marketer, here are some questions you could ask during the interview to assess your candidates' skill sets:
- Can you describe your experience in developing and executing inbound marketing campaigns?
- How do you measure the success of an inbound campaign?
- How do you stay up-to-date with the latest inbound trends and techniques?
- Can you give an example of a particularly challenging inbound project you’ve managed and how you overcame any obstacles?
- How do you prioritize and allocate resources for inbound marketing initiatives?
- Can you explain your approach to search engine optimization (SEO)?
- How do you use buyer personas in your inbound marketing strategy?
- Can you describe your experience with content creation and curation?
- How do you measure and track the impact of your blog posts and other types of content?
- Can you give an example of how you’ve used social media for inbound marketing purposes?
- How do you approach lead generation and lead nurturing?
- Can you describe your experience with landing page optimization and conversion rate optimization?
- How do you collaborate with sales and other teams to ensure a seamless customer journey?
- Can you describe your experience with marketing automation tools and technologies?
- How do you measure and report on the ROI of your inbound marketing efforts?
How do you hire an inbound marketer on Mayple?
Decided to hire an inbound expert?
The inbound marketing agencies and consultants on Mayple can help you out.
Just click here, submit your details, and we'll get back to you in no time. Our pre-vetted, experienced, and talented inbound pros are ready to take on your project.