Tax Team is a tax preparation and financial services company. Coming off of the Pandemic Tax Team's clients switched to digital tax platforms such as Turbo Tax, H&R Block, etc. This resulted in significant revenue and clientele loss. As tax season approached I was responsible for creating a winning strategy in less than a month.
At the time my role was Vice President of Marketing and I was directly responsible for auditing and creating marketing strategies for my team and me.
- We performed an audit of all digital channels to identify low-hanging fruit that can produce revenue
- Advised Tax Team to have the staff upsell services such as financial planning, and credit repair to reduce the loss of customers to Turbo Tax.
- Gather all internal resources to determine in order of priority what items can be achieved given the short time frame
- Identify segments for self-employed, and W-2 clients
- Create a marketing plan for multi-channel acquisition
- Leverage and use a 10,000 email customer base
- Develop a simple online process to compete with Turbo Tax and other online tax juggernauts
- Created an ongoing list of F.A.Q. and myth-busting questions for email and video content
- Created new advertising channels
- Created simple online scheduling built with a necessary process implementations
- Developed an engaging email marketing newsletter
- Optimized website for additional email capture