Ultimate challenge: Aggressively scaling the brand.
The client were spending circa £40k/mth on ads, without much experience of direct ads.
They had a strong influencer presence and good organic potential, however not much in the way of paid ads experience, but more importantly, they did not have a clear understanding of the metrics behind what caused growth for the business. The questions that flowed from this where:
- How much they should spend.
- Where they should spend it.
- How much will it cost, and how long will it take to see returns.
- How can they trust results will come.
- What areas outside of marketing will help improve business growth, and effectiveness from ads.
My main role consisted of 3 key areas.
- Planning, managing, and executing paid ads
- across Facebook / IG / Google / Snap / Pinterest / Tiktok
- predominantly performance marketing, along with branding
- relentless A/B testing to get the best results
- consistently tweaking platform and campaign budget allocation
- building up hype for new products to ensure successful launches
- working alongside account managers to ensure we get the best out of the platforms.
- Growth analysis and recommendations
- helping the business understand what caused it's growth, and providing recommendations
- routine surveys to see what people valued from the brand, alongside what they felt we excelled and what we could do more of
- analysis of our 'growth pillars' i.e.
- sales between men vs women
- percentage of revenue coming from items on sale
- revenue from different product types / collections
- sales by country
- using my analytical and coding knowledge to assist with general analysis to help with operations throughout the business
- creating stock forecasts and yearly line plans (using python)
- helping recommend overall investment into marketing vs stock
- Website management and optimisations
- not my main skillset, but one that got developed over time to get the best from our marketing (shopify based)
- using html / css / js / liquid to improve our theme, through adding templates, custom sections and snippets
- routine A/B testing across the board to improve CR.
- created a python script that automatically re-ordered collections by top-selling products, to ensure top products were shown first (saving hoooours of time)
Over the 3 years I've been at the company
- helped the business 3x in size, going from a 7-figure to 8-figure year-revenue company
- helped scale ad spend from £40k/mth to ~£250k/mth
- significantly improved website aesthetics and UX
- provided significantly improvement in understand of what drives growth for the company
"what can't be measured can't be managed"